Thursday, June 7, 2007

Away from Family...


Over time the we move away from our family.. That’s how its meant to be.. Slowly and slowly we are pushed into the world far away from our family... First its a hostel, then study in some distant country, then work in a far more distant country ..... Why do we tend to drift away from our family... Far from our loving parents to the dearest siblings... Over years the number of times we see them also tends to decrease... This phenomena I am at least noticing in my own life and with great pains I am trying to take it in the worldly life's stride.. I remember my childhood days when the Titus bros of the valliazhathu family used to get together at our native places for vacation and have fun time.. My father has 3 bros and in all there are 5 Titus Bros of which only ma younger bros name is not Titus.., Of course there are 2 cuz sisters of mine too.. It was fun.. All the family getting together.. Enjoying the New year, Easter, Summer vacation, Onam and Xmas all .. Over the time each of our family went across the globe. Ourselves and ma Father's younger bro in Kuwait, Father's eldest bro settled in US and the Second bro of Father settled in India itself.., Now during times we come to our native place only 2 families can get together as its a tough job to synchronize each of our travels for the same time..

Well till this point only families were getting spread across the globe.. Yeah now it was the turn of the family members... Yeah me went to work at S Korea and My bro went to India for his studies. Getting to see now each of our family was now more like.. ok when’s the college hols? Will we get leave during that period? Is it the rush season? Do we get air tickets?.. So much complications..

My elder bro's marriage is in the coming month and all ma bros and family has been planning meticulously for past 1 year. All planning to reach at least 10 days at least before wedding day. I suddenly find myself pushed into a project where my contribution is of key role. I ask my managers, my group manager for leave, but they point out that "No , That day is our final release, You must be here only". Request even is sent to Group manager but turned down miserably... Whole of ma family is gonna be there and I can't make it.. They say this is a part of work and life.. But is it the way it’s supposed to be... Why Am I so enslaved to this work? Why can't I just walk out taking my own decision? Are we working for a living or living to work ? Man... All the thoughts pour on me where I work with a heavy heart.. Missing the old days where we were all near and and had no troubles of the modern world

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Titus, remeber me ?? This is Shantanu from LGSI. You left for US few days after I joined LGSI. Hope you can recollect me. Never mind even if you don't remember me.
Anyways, how is your life going on there ? I just came across your blog's URL from LGSI portal. I just want to say that all these blogs are really nice. I didn't know that you write such beautiful pieces.